Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Monday:K's Mini-Party and Mami Time

K had a few friends over to celebrate her birthday on Monday. Since it was her year for a get-together instead of a party, I was very hands-off. She was the boss. She loved that part. 9-year-olds don't have a very good sense of time management, but other than that...she did great.

First, they played with her gifts that she'd received on her birthday, including her bug catcher. Why a bunch of girls would want to be out looking for bugs in 100 degree heat for almost an hour....I don't know...but they loved it. Then they ate pizza, decorated and ate cupcakes, and went back outside for water balloons and the slip-n-slide. It was great fun for all!

Then, that night we started my new tradition (for the summer, at least) of letting each kid stay up 1/2 hour later than their siblings and do whatever they want together. For K's 1/2 hour, we scrapbooked some of her last day of school pictures. She did it all...I only helped when she asked for it. We only got one page done, but it turned out cute, I think. And, more than that, we had a great time talking, laughing, and bonding. It was so nice to put aside everything else and just focus on being HER mom.

10 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

what a good Mom

Cheri said...

I love that idea of letting them stay up later than the other siblings.
The scrapbook page turned out great!!

Lisette said...

Sounds like a fun "get together".

Jan said...

Great fun with a great mother.

Stay cool.

utmommy said...

I love the one on one idea. Cute scrapbook page.

Sounds like the girls had a great time!

Kailee said...

Cute! I wish we could have been there for her birthday. It looks like she had lots of fun! I also loooove your idea of letting them stay up later. It's a great present!

The Tall and Short of it said...

K I like your SB page! It is really cool. I had fun at your little party!
Love,
Koko

April said...

Sounds like an awesome day.
Love her Scrapbook page!
Just wondering, what kind of album is she using?

Suzanne said...

How fun to let her get to plan her own party! You are such a fun mom. And I love your idea of that extra one on one time with your kids. How fun!

Angela said...

Bugs are fun for kids

I don't like them

Glad she had a great party