Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, C!

(pardon the pajamas...we can't wait too long before opening some presents!)

Today is C's 7th birthday! I cannot believe that he is really seven! He is such a joy in our family. He is generally very positive and happy. He is very outgoing and is a natural leader. His principal commented at the end of the year how the whole grade seems to follow C and gravitate to him. It is unique in that he is a tiny little guy (smallest in his grade), but his charisma and personality allow him to be the leader. He is very smart. He can reason very quickly. I am so grateful that I get to have him as my son! Happy Birthday, C!
His party is coming up on Saturday (wish me luck!) It is a Star Wars party and should be very fun if I can ever get my act together and get it all ready! Here is the invitation we sent out...It turned out really neat. I found it somewhere on the Internet and only tweaked it a little, since it was so well done.
(I had it typed so that it looked like the beginning of the Star Wars movies...smaller at the top and larger at the bottom, as if it was scrolling through space, but it didn't transfer to the blog.)
"IN A GALAXY NOT SO FAR AWAY, ON THE DAY OF JULY 10, IN THE YEAR 2001, A BABY BOY WAS BORN. FROM THE BEGINNING HIS ENERGY DREW THE ATTENTION OF THE JEDI COUNCIL, WHO NAMED HIM C. THEY KNEW HE WAS THE CHOSEN ONE.
IN THE 7 YEARS THAT FOLLOWED HIS BIRTH, YOUNG C HAS BEEN LEARNING THE POWERS OF THE FORCE.RECENTLY THOUGH, THE JEDI KNIGHTS HAVE FELT A STRONG DISTURBANCE IN THE FORCE. A DISTURBANCE GENERATED BY THE DARKSIDE….

MANY JEDI KNIGHTS HAVE BEEN LOST. THE VERY FUTURE OF THE JEDI ORDER IS NOW IN JEOPARDY.THE JEDI COUNCIL HAS CALLED UPON YOUNG PADAWAN C TO SEEK OUT FUTURE JEDI. YOUR YOUNG PADAWAN’S PRESENCE IS
REQUESTED TO COMPLETE JEDI TRAINING ON JULY 12, 2008.
THE TRIALS WILL BEGIN PROMPTLY AT 2:00 PM AND END AT 4:30 PM AT THE (last name) SYSTEM OF THE (street name) GALAXY, DOCKING BAY (house number). PLEASE ADVISE THE JEDI COUNCIL AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AT (telephone) AS TO WHETHER YOUR YOUNG PADAWAN WILL ACCEPT THE CHALLENGE OF THE TRIALS.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!"

5 comments:

Lisette said...

Happy B-day! I love the invitation. What an awesome idea. We wish we could be there to celebrate with him!

Cheri said...

Happy Birthday!
The invitation is so cute. I can't wait to see pictures of the party- I bet it's going to be great!

Kailee said...

Tell him happy birthday from me! Thats such a cool idea for an invitation. I bet the party will be AWESOME!!

Karla said...

Happy birthday C!

Your invite is so fun! I love theme parties! Good luck - or should I say "May the force be with you"?

Lana said...

we can NOT wait!