Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Unbalanced

Ugh! I feel like my life is spiraling out of control (not such a new feeling, unfortunately). I am just going through one of those times when there is so much to do...in so many aspects of my life...that I feel I am failing at everything since I don't have time to do any one thing well. It is not such a good feeling and I am working on trying to balance my life, but so far...not working.

I did read a book once about balance and the analogy of a washing machine with too many towels in it. The load becomes unbalanced (unless you have a front-load washer like mine) and none of the towels can get clean since there's no room in the machine. Yet, if you take 2-3 out and wash them later, the load is balanced and the towels are clean. I just can't figure out which towels can wait right now.

11 comments:

nikko said...

I wish I could tell you which towels to leave out of the wash for right now. You've got to figure that out on your own, I guess.

Hang in there! I'm thinking of you!

Jan said...

What a good way to think about it. I hope it all works out and you can be lightened somehow. Never be to hard on yourself okay.

Heather said...

I'm always feeling like I'm swapping towels....

Hope you figure out your perfect towel combo for now.

Karla said...

Oh man, I know that feeling so well!!! I am a list maker, sometimes it helps me to see things written down before I can figure out figure out how to "balance" things. And don't forget to give yourself a pat on the back for all the things you are doing well.

Suzanne said...

It must be so difficult trying to figure out which towels to pull out! Good luck in finding the balance you're seeking. I've been thinking of you a lot! ***hugs***

Lisette said...

I hate it when life is so busy like that. Good luck!

KP said...

I'm sad to hear that you are so busy, but happy to hear that are at least handling it with humor, DH always says when we get overwhelmed that we just have to many blessings to keep up with.

Lana said...

{{{HUGS}}}

utmommy said...

I hate times like these. Hope things work out soon.


(((HUGS)))

Andelin said...

A friend challenged me to write a list in my journal each night 5 things that I was glad I had done that day. Sometimes it was more than 5, but after a while, I started to see that even the days when I felt overwhelmed that I couldn't do it all, I had actually done many things that were worth while. I started to calm in my trust in myself to be able to do it.

Kailee said...

Great analogy! I hope you can figure out how to balance your life. The temple is a great way, as I read from your other post! Keep trekking!