Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Today, our Relief Society was in charge of feeding 70 ish missionaries for Zone Conference. It turned out well. It was so neat to see such a huge group of missionaries assembled together all at once. They sang some beautiful hymns that brought tears to my eyes. Their strength and power were magnificent. One thing that was so cool to me is that as we worked...four sisters ( plus one teenage son that came to help).....we didn't specify who would do what...we just did. We all picked up what needed to be done and did. That was cool.

But...back to the "out of the mouths of babes," I was driving LD to drop him off so I could serve at this Zone Conference. I had a Christian CD in. LD heard the word "Jesus" on the CD and got all excited. I asked him "Do you love Jesus?" LD replied, "Yes! I want to give him a hug." And continued, "And after Jesus, I want to give President Monson a hug." It was so cute and so true. I would like to give both hugs...probably in that order, too.

2 comments:

The Tall and Short of it said...

He knows this because you have taught him to love and to know!!! One day he will be one of the missionaries being "fed" by RS!!!
You are wonderful!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

That was so precious and A is right. I so wish I could have been there for that spiritual fulfillment after the hard work