Sunday, May 24, 2009

To Mourn Instead Of Celebrate

Today is our 12-year anniversary. I wrote a more detailed post about our married life and how much I loved DH a couple of years ago (see it here). But, today, I have cause to mourn. I never thought this is where I would be and many times I have trouble accepting that this is reality...like it or not. So, this is how I "celebrated" the day that has been and should be the highlight of my year:...Waiting out front for DH to pick up the kids and take them to his house to sleep tonight. Something is just wrong with this picture. But the choice is not mine...and I still have to move forward with life. I guess this anniversary is a good time to "let go."

7 comments:

zeebee said...

I agree there is something wrong with that picture. I wish it were not the case, I love you and am thinking of you!

nikko said...

(((hugs)))

You are awesome and you will pull through this. I know it's not what you wanted, but Heavenly Father still has a beautiful plan for you and your family, regardless of a certain person's choices.

Love you!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Good attitude -

victoria said...

It breaks my heart. I'm so sorry. I wish I could give you a big hug from here.

The Tall and Short of it said...

I see three beautiful children in this picture! Heavenly Father's children!!
Just like Nikko said, you will pull through this. Even if your angels on earth have to pull you, which we will! This totally sucks but it will pass. Heavenly Father wants you to be happy! You WILL be happy!

Suzanne said...

R, I'm sorry you had to go through such a difficult day. I know life isn't happy right now, but I pray that it will be again someday. Just keep holding on! ***Hugs***

Jay said...

Your little folks are such blessings. They have such an incredible mom who teaches them faith in their Savior, Jesus Christ, which will lift them through the hard times...because it lifted her through those times too.

Thanks for helping me figure out the food! YOU helped me through that!