Saturday, May 2, 2009

Come What May and Love It

Yesterday was tough. I guess there will continue to be cycles of up and down. How grateful I am, however, for the Lord and his tender mercies.

A few from yesterday/this morning include:
  1. A beautiful new CD, including a song entitled Remember Gethsemane by Lauri Carrigan. So beautiful and so true that the Savior is there. Go to her website and listen to the first part of it. What a beautiful song of praise.

  2. One of my on-earth "angels" dropped by, "crashing" my house last night, giving me adult conversation and peace while my kiddos ran around with their sleepover friends.

  3. Another "angel" recommended this Mormon Messages Utube video that really touched me with Elder Worthlin's "Come What May and Love It."

See how lucky I am! I know that the Lord has not and will not leave me. I know my Savior lives, carries me, and sustains me daily. How lucky I am! :)

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

It sounds like you're hanging on! Keep up the faith. Hopefully with time there will be more good days than bad. It sounds like you have a wonderful support group there. ***hugs***

Jess said...

I'm so sorry I haven't read your blog recently. Your comment on mine reminded me to come check. I can't imagine what you're going through right now, but I wanted to tell you that your family is in our prayers.

One thing I'd like to suggest though, from a foster mom perspective, is that you can always make sure that you, at least, never say anything negative about the situation to the kids. We're required, as foster parents, to never say negative things about the kids' parents, no matter what. They desperately need to be able to keep a good image/opinion of their parents. It directly impacts their own self image in a profound way.

Remember also, that the saying "God never gives us more than we can bear" isn't true. We're human, weak, and constantly in over our heads. Instead, nothing ever happens that God can't or won't help us get through.

Your virtual friend,
Jess

chicagosapps said...

Sorry to hear about your recent struggles, and glad to hear you have great angel friends to support you. Love and hugs to you!
Lajuana

The Texas Bakers said...

I love that quote! You really are such an inspiration to me. I hope the hard times start to get a little easier soon, but, in the meantime, I know you know on whom you can rely. And all your friends, well, we love you, too.