Sunday, January 10, 2010

Holland

Almost a year ago, I published this post and poem. I have arrived. I am in Holland and my heart is about to burst with joy and peace. Holland was not my goal, Italy was. But, here I am and, you know what? Holland is beautiful.

I have so much gratitude for all the blessings and miracles in my life. I am especially grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I guess there is nothing like the mountain of a trial to bring one to where they need to be. I have changed and grown so much in the last two years. Many times, I have told Heavenly Father that I just can't do this, but, like always, He knows better than me. With His help, I did do it. And, I am so happy.

I love the gospel with all my heart. I love the personal revelations that we receive if we are willing to listen. I have had some troubling questions on my mind lately. For one of them, I stayed for hours in the temple yesterday praying, pondering, and struggling to receive an answer. And it came. I had another question today.....the answer was right there in the scriptures we read in Relief Society. Right there. Hit me like a ton of bricks. And, as I look back on this blog, in my journal, at the notes in my scriptures, I can see even more clearly now the very definite guidance of the Lord through everything. He really has been there through it all. The reward of my diligence and faithfulness is truly manifest in the joy and peace I feel now.

So, to all of you that have cried tears of sorrow for my deep pain, cry with me now tears of joy for the goodness of the Lord and the peace that I am surrounded with now! :)

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Your words fill my heart with joy.
I am so happy for you. You certainly deserve to be happy. You are wonderful and I pray things will continue to go well for you.
Hugs.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

That was a great post I like Holland too--crying w/both ((hugs))

zeebee said...

Holland will treat you well. You deserve the best, and I am so happy that you are happy and at peace. Remember that I love you!!!

Lana said...

what an awesome testimony, and what an awesome woman you are. Your strenght and courage are a tremendous example to me.
Love you, miss you, looking forward to seeing you soon!

Lisette said...

That sounds more like you!!

shana said...

Hooray for being in Holland and loving it. I'm proud of you!!!