Saturday, June 26, 2010

Family and Friends

First, I love, love, love, love, love my in-laws. I wish we never had to leave. The house next door is for sale and I would buy it in a heartbeat if I could. I am so grateful that the divorce did not cause us to be apart. They are my sisters and my parents. I love them more than I can describe and they are so important to me. I cannot and will not give them up when I remarry. It is a package deal. I am so glad we are here.

Second, I miss K. I love her so much and being apart from her is odd. I have never been apart from her for this long. EVER. I am so glad she had fun. I am so grateful to the S Family for taking her in and taking care of her and giving her the opportunity to be at C4K for another week. It is disappointing to K (and to me) that she has to miss the last week of C4K, but she is a trooper and taking it well.

Third, CK is coming in 4 days. I am excited. I am grateful he is coming to support me at my grandma's funeral. We will spend time with my family, my in-laws, and his family. It will be a busy weekend, but I am grateful for him and his desire to be here. I know many of you are wondering what is going on. It is difficult to explain. We know that there is a "no" answer for us to be married, but there is not a "no" answer for our relationship. So, even knowing the impending heartache, we are enjoying this season (See D&C 51) of being together. It is good for us to love again. It is good for us to have a healthy romantic relationship. It is good for us to spend this time loving each other and being best friends. It is also good for us to be obedient and be apart for a while or for forever. We know it is coming, faster than we might want, but the Lord's will be done. For now, though, CK is coming in 4 days and I am so excited! :)

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Glad you are getting time there, although you are missed here. Love ya!

I have a good life said...

Thanks, Kathy. I miss being there, too. I still don't know when we are coming back. I will let you know when I do so you can plan for me. Thanks for being flexible. :)

Jay said...

Thinking of you. So glad you could be there for your grandma. Let me know if you need anything!!

nikko said...

So glad you're having a good time!