Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bear!

Last night was our Blue and Gold Banquet for the cub scouts. A lot of time and effort went into the planning and preparation and it was a huge success. We did a fiesta theme this year. The songs were in Spanish, the prayers in Spanish, and a lot of Mexican games were played. The food was Tex-mex and so yummy. :)

Somehow, my regular camera is gone. I have searched and looked for it...to no avail. I had it last Wednesday and it is gone. I had to use my old one last night. Still pictures, but definitely not quite as good.

Here is C and a friend playing one of the games:

Then, C has worked so hard to earn his Bear at the Blue and Gold. I am so proud of him for doing it! His birthday isn't until July, but he set his mind to earning it by February, he worked hard, and he did it!

The last event of the night....the pinata. Here is J taking a turn:
Sister C is so smart. She filled baggies with candy and then put the baggies in the pinata. Every kid got a bag. No fighting. All had the same amount. It was perfect.

And, here is K with one of her good friends, K. Her friend, K, is really sweet. I am so glad that they are friends.
Finally, an update:
  • C has a basketball tournament to conclude the season this Saturday. Go Bulldogs!
  • CK and A are coming to celebrate my birthday with me this weekend. I am so excited!
  • It looks like CK has a job that will allow him to move here. Within six weeks, he will be here. What sacrifices this man is making for me! I am in awe and very flattered.
  • I am always tired. I am not sure what takes it out of me....maybe it is that whole getting older thing!
  • I am very happy. I am always busy, but that is life. I feel blessed beyond measure. I looked back at this blog's posts for my birthdays in 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010. My life sure has changed. I truly see God's hand in my life and I am so grateful. Last year at this time, my heart had broken into a million pieces. I did not think I would ever recover. Yet, just over 11 months ago, I began talking to CK. We had no idea that we would end up getting married (actually, he knew way before me), but here we are. :) So blessed.

No comments: