Thursday, May 19, 2011

Train!

This year, preschool has been different. The way it worked out, J and only one other friend, I, did preschool. It was so perfect for us this year. If either mom needed to rearrange, it was so simple to do it: only two kids in preschool! I know that J will thrive with more structure next year as he will be so old (misses the cut off to begin Kindergarten by just a little less than a month), but this year, it was perfect for him and for me.

Today was the last day of preschool, so we went on a preschool field trip. I took J and I to the train. They loved it! They had so much fun. I loved listening to their conversations and just enjoying the ride. The day could not have been better: overcast but no rain, 75-ish degrees, slight breeze. It was perfect!

Waiting for the train to come:
Here it is!

I absolutely love the greenery of the park that we go through. It is beautiful.

We stopped and bought popcorn at the depot in the middle.

Afterwards, we were hungry and still celebrating a great year of preschool. Where did the boys want to go? McDonald's, of course! :)

3 comments:

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

Looks like fun!

I have a good life said...

I would love to go with you and the girls sometime. I think that would be great fun! :)

Kailee said...

He's such a cutie! I love my little buddy, J. :) I can't wait to see you all again soon!!! love and miss you lots!