Monday, May 2, 2011

Time Out

This last weekend, K, my sister, and I went to Time Out for Women and Girls in San Antonio. It was amazing. I am so glad we went. I am grateful to XDH for allowing K and I that time to bond.

There were some major accidents along the freeway to get there. It took us nearly 2.5 hours longer than usual. That was stressful. My sister is incredible, though, and she drove the whole way. I love her.

Once we got there, the conference had begun. The girls were with the women on Friday night and, as we listened to Sherri Dew, I thought for sure it would bore K. Nope. She said after, "That was sooooooo good!" The best part, however, was that K just leaned against me and hugged me and hugged me and it was awesome to be there...and give her that individual time as her brothers were with their dad.

After the session ended Friday, it was about 10:00....so we decided to go ahead and go up the Tower of Americas. It was awesome.



It was so windy...Just look at all the pictures. The one below is my favorite. K looked like a Troll Doll from years past.
And, I don't know how this panda came to be sleeping in our hotel room!
The next day was not only our conference, but also Race for the Cure. We were warned that it would be crazy traffic and to be there before 7 am. YIKES! We looked it up that night, and after calling the non-emergency police number to see when the roads might be closed to pedestrians, we decided to walk instead of drive. It was about 1.3 miles. Not bad, but with uncomfortable shoes.....still not too bad.

Here are some of the women from my ward that went:
Here we are: My sister, S (who is stunningly gorgeous!), K, and me:
When the Saturday conference ended, we decided to walk the Riverwalk. It was 90+ degrees and "incredibly humid" (as the weather guy said that night). We were also tired, especially our feet. Even in the shade it was uncomfortable, so we walked a little around the river, then chose to go back to the hotel.


We decided to take the streetcar back to near the hotel. AHHHHHH!!!! Air conditioning! Sitting down! Relief! It was awesome!
Then, we rested at the hotel a bit and walked over to Pizza Hut, across the street from the hotel. We laughed and laughed and laughed. The three of us had a so much fun together. It will be an experience that we will all remember for a long time.
Sunday, we went to church in a little ward in San Antonio. It was very cool. The Spirit was very strong. I am grateful to have the Gospel in my life. I love being able to go to church anywhere in the world and be surrounded by Brothers and Sisters with my same beliefs. What great love I feel for our Savior and our Heavenly Father.

I love my sister, she is amazing. I might be older, but I look up to her so much. She is so loving. She is so smart. She is so put together and stylish. She is a great mom. I want to be like her when I grow up.

I love K. I cannot believe she is almost 12. She is so confident and self-assured. She is very capable of making decisions. She is smart and funny. She is loving. I am so lucky to be her mom.

No comments: