Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Casualty of the storms: fence down!

We have had some major winds around here lately. I knew this fence was coming down, other storms earlier this year weakened it. This week, we had heavy winds from the south and this is what we woke up to Sunday morning:
After church, we braced it up and Monday, as soon as CK got off work, the project began.

The most difficult part was digging out the old post and continuing to dig to get the hole deep enough to put the new post in. Texas soil is very shallow with rocks....big huge slabs of rock right underneath. It was a lot of work. CK did 99%. I tried to help, but I couldn't do much.

Last night, CK (with a little help from J and from me) got the panel back up and screwed into the posts. We still have some slats to replace, but it is pretty much done. Thanks, CK! I love having him willing and wanting to work. I am so grateful that he is willing to take care of me in a way that I have never experienced. I truly feel treated as a queen. I am so blessed. :)

No comments: