Things about me at that time:
- I was excited to go to BYU in the fall to study Math Education with a Theater Education minor.
- I had a boyfriend that I absolutely adored.
- I had a best friend that was better than any best friend. We were heartbroken knowing we were going to different colleges in the fall. (We are still best friends)
- I had my life's plans and goals in front of me: finish college (did that), go on a mission (did not), marry in the temple (did that).
- My siblings were 15, 11, 7, and 4. Leaving them seemed impossible. At the same time, I was ready.
- I had super long blond hair.
- Life was good. Life was easy. I was so innocent.
So...this is my life 17 years later: I have a degree in Math Education. I taught middle school for two years (in two different states!). I have three kids and one soon-to-be step daughter, ages almost 12, almost 10, 7, and 4. I serve in the Primary Presidency in my ward. I am divorced. I own a house. I am a stay-at-home mom. I am engaged to be married in (hopefully) 56 days. I have friends scattered throughout the country: people I love that either have moved away from me or I from them. I have lived in Utah, Oregon, and Texas.
Life was good 17 years ago. Life is good now. I am so blessed. :)