Friday, June 10, 2011

Cub Scout Day Camp 2011

This week, C has been going to Cub Scout Day Camp. It really is twilight camp. The camp is about an hour away, so the boys (including travel) are gone from 1 pm - 9:15 pm. It is hot....around 100 degrees every day, but they LOVE it!
This year's theme has been space. The hours that volunteers have put in to make this run is amazing. It is very creative, as well.

I was lucky to be able to go as a chaperone on the first day of camp. It was hectic, but still very fun. I also was with one of my best friends and that was great!

Our boys:
Our flag that our group made. They all worked so well together. Every boy contributed, both in ideas, and in actual drawing. I was impressed with their talents. I could not have drawn that well. :)


The favorite activities of the day were the water gun fights and they made rockets out of newspaper that they then launched. It was very cool and they loved it.

C said that some of the other days were more fun, but he also said he wished I could be there with him EVERY day! How sweet! I would have loved to. Braving the heat is well worth it. If A wasn't here visiting, I am sure I would have gone more. :)

No comments: