Friday, November 7, 2014

J's Baptism

 J was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on Saturday, November 1, 2014.  It was such a special day.  I have a zillion bajillion posts that need to happen, but I had to make sure that this one got done first, even if it is out of order.

 For some reason, I could not change the orientation of this picture.  This is the invitation that we sent to our neighbors and friends.  We even sent it to our out-of-state family members, even though most could not be here.  We sure missed them. 

The poem that is on the invitation came from a Family Home Evening that J taught before he was baptized.  I loved it and included it on the invitation.

On Saturday, everything went very well.  J happened to be the only one in our ward with a baptism this month, so he got the day to himself.  This ended up being a blessing, since due to Halloween the night before, we could not bring A down until Saturday morning.  Because J was the only one, we were able to move the baptism until 5:00 pm.

Our whole family all together...makes this Mama's hear sing!
J got to choose who performed the baptism and confirmation.  I think he chose well.  CK baptized him and Papi O (his grandpa on his dad's side) confirmed him.  So, here they are together.
I am so grateful that XDH came and supported J in his decision.
My little guy, all dressed in white, ready to make covenants with God.


K was taking pictures and captured this touching moment of J and I hugging.  While you cannot see our faces, I feel that you can still tell the loved that we share.
J is reading his brand new scriptures from my parents and my siblings and spouses.

Baby C is always on the go.  Sometimes it is hard to keep the little squirmer still!
I love this picture, partially because I just love what it represents.  All of XDH's siblings sent baptism gifts with his parents for J.  Included in one package was a little package from J's cousin, T.  He obviously gave of his own treasures and that was so sweet.  This little figure was one of them.  So unselfish!

I am so proud of J and the young man that he is quickly becoming.  I am grateful that I have been blessed to be his Mom.  The Spirit was so strong on his baptism day.  He asked his primary president and his aunt S to give the talks and they were both absolutely outstanding.  Truths were taught and the Spirit bore witness.  He got to have his grandpas on both sides as witnesses and one of his dads baptize him.  He got to have his Grandpa on his dad's side confirm him and thereby bring in that side of the family.  What a special time.

After the baptism we all went to CiCi's to eat pizza.  What more could an 8-year-old want than  pizza buffet?  I wish I'd taken pictures.  It was my parents, XDH's parents, my sister and her kids, all our kids, XDH's great aunt and cousin.  Loved it. 

2 comments:

Kailee said...

Yay, J! I am so proud of him and wish we all could have been there! And I'm so glad that he got to have so many relatives there, that's super great. Love him and you guys! Thanks for blogging about it!

Andrea said...

Looks like a fantastic day. So glad so much family came for him. Love your family picture!!! Gives me hope.