Thursday, May 1, 2008

Field trip, Activity Days, and Yummy, Yummy, Yummy.


Yesterday I had the privilege of accompanying C on his field trip. We went to the Botanic Gardens. It was really neat to be there with him and his class. It was actually my first field trip with him. Last year (Kindergarten), LD was too little to be left with someone else (NO SIBLINGS ALLOWED!...A rule that I hated at first (In K's old school, sibs could come), but for which I am grateful now as I get to focus on the child I am with rather than his/her little brother). This was the first and only trip for this year and I was lucky enough to be chosen to chaperone.


Then, also last night, K had Activity Days Recognition Night. It was fun. All the girls have such various personalities and talents. Her friend, S, got to come with her parents and that was nice, too. Although, they got to the church and people were asking them which ward they needed. They had no clue what they were talking about! :)



Finally, I found this recipe earlier this week on someone's Menu Monday. It looked so delicious that I had to put it on the menu for this week! It was worth every penny. Yummy! Yummy! Yummy!

Life is just so exhausting. This new calling really eats up my time. I know as I work on balancing everything that it will all fall into place, but....there is just a lot to fit into each 24 hours that I have been given, especially when I have a DH that works so much and so hard!

10 comments:

KP said...

That does look yummy! It will all start to flow soon, this is the growing part, how blessed you will be for the effort you are going through now!

Heather said...

Dinner.... yum. Invite me over! Sounds like a fun, but very busy week!

Chellie said...

The pictures are great and the field trip looks awesome! I'm so glad you got to go. I know that I love spending one-on-one time with my children and it sounds like you appreciated that too. It's so important!

The dinner sounds yummy... and looks fantastic too! Thanks for sharing!

Cheri said...

What a fun field trip- I love Botanical Gardens. If you're ever in St. Louis- you have to go to the Botanical Gardens there- they are truly spectacular!
That dinner looks delicious.

nikko said...

That salad looks yummy!

So glad you got to go on the field trip. I'm looking forward to doing that more next year maybe when BabyM is bigger.

Sorry you are overwhelmed with your calling right now. Give it a couple of months and you'll be more used to it. ;o)

dieMutti said...

Yummy salad! I will have to try it next week when DH is busy working :) Fun field trip! And if I can do anything to help you balance, let me know!

Misty said...

The salad does indeed look yum!

And.... you'll be blessed for all of your hard work and service.... promise.

utmommy said...

I may have to try that salad. It does look Yummy, Yummy, Yummy!

Thanks for the comment on my blog. You are so nice and that totally made my day!

Lana said...

that looks delicious!!

How fun to go on a field trip. We have the same no sibs rule and I also hated it at first but now think it's okay since it's fun to have one on one time :)

Suzanne said...

I love getting to go on field trips with my kids! It looks like you had a great time!

Good luck with life's balancing act. I think we all struggle with finding that balance, but I know that you can do it! :)