Friday, May 16, 2008

First Karate Belt Test




This post is overdue. C took his first karate belt test last Friday. He has a private tutor and I didn't even know until we showed up for class that his test would be that day. One thing I surely did not know until C started karate is that there are so many different schools of karate. I knew there were a lot, but I had NO idea there were so many. His teacher does different schools and we were supposed to choose one, but I never could...so she just did. In this school, little kids keep their white belt and earn stripes for the belt. Then, when they earn their black stripe, they jump to the adult yellow belt and proceed from there.

C is really good at karate. I didn't know he had such a talent. His teachers are all so impressed with his abilities and he is only six! He hates to practice, but really enjoys the classes.

So, he did his test for his orange stripe. He performed so well, although I could tell he was very nervous. I was so proud of him. His next test will be next week and he has to break a board. I'm more nervous about this than he is. I guess they don't practice beforehand. They just do it while taking the test! Crazy! Good work, C! Keep it up!

4 comments:

Angela said...

I was in karate when I was a teen but I never had to break a board.

Hope it breaks without bruises

Smiles!

Misty said...

That might stress me out a little.... I'd be the mom biting her nails in the back!

Kailee said...

Thats so cool that C is doing karate. CR is thinking about doing it so it will be good to know that C likes it. I didn't even know he took karate! Thats way cool though, and its always a good skill to have.

zeebee said...

Wow that is so cool, I can't wait to see him show off his moves! I don't thing the breaking of the board will be bad, one time we were at a kids fair and they brought Shay up as a volunteer, showed him a couple of things and he broke a board with this hand! I couldn't believe it! I can't wait to see you guys!!!!!!