Friday, May 9, 2008

Whirlwind, Tornado, Destroyer.


What do they have in common? They all fit LD perfectly.

He is in such a horrid stage. I have had permanent marker all over my monitor not once, but twice in the last 24-hours. Mind you, all markers are kept above the height of MY head. He is such a climber and so good with his hands that he can figure his way into anything! He takes apart both of my vacuums on a regular basis. He wants to play in the fertilizer, spray vingear on his face, empty all cupboard and totes and closets in the entire house. He moves 2-3 objects over to climb on the counter to reach the cookies that are way too high and way out of reach. What a mischevious little guy.


Since I am a mom, though, I hope that:

The marker means a budding artist.
The climber means a budding athlete.
The taker-aparter means a budding mechanic.
The fertilizer means a budding gardener.
The vinegar means a budding house cleaner for some very lucky wife.
The emptier means a budding organizer.
and the thought process to manuever 2-3 items to climb on to reach the cookies means a very smart "cookie" indeed.


I love him to pieces...but I just needed to vent. If anyone wants their houses torn apart faster than you can turn around...I'll rent him out to you by the hour (not that it would take that long.)! :)

11 comments:

AngeeBee said...

Did you offer up a prayer for more patience recently? LD could be the answer!

I have to say that my little ones never climbed like I have heard of other children climbing and it is probably good because I would have been one anxious mother!

He is SO cute and just keeping you on your toes!

Heather said...

Wow! What a fun morning, I had one like that too. Just in time to make me really appreciate Mother's Day!

Hopefully your intuition is right and all those michevious things will help him bloom into a great man.

Misty said...

Heavenly Father must have mixed up a batch of these little ones and sent them all out at the same time. Your little mine, and my youngest.... EXACTLY the same. For real. Phew! The Work!!!!!!!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

well i had one too and he is very smart , very agile,courious , good at assembling w/ a little trouble and indecision thrown in :)

KP said...

Sounds like you were able to keep it in perspective, though. I know how frustrating those days can be, but I am so grateful to have even those days.

Chellie said...

oooohhh... but he is oh so cute!! Is he 3?

Sox said...

Mine isn't like that. He tries stuff, he jumps off stuff. I spend my time on suicide watch so he doesn't kill himself and at urgent care having his head glued back together. I would love to take him. Mine is easier when he has a buddy. Too bad I live here and you live there.

dieMutti said...

I've seen him a little in action, so I know his wonderful abilities :) He is so darn cute, though! I would like to rent him for a night in - I don't know - say about two weeks? :)

Anne said...

Such a cute boy, and a good thing too! lol! I'm sure he can be such a handful for you- but thankgoodness you have such a wonderful, positive outlook on his potentials from it all :) Go you! and, um... lots of good luck and patients coming your way!!

Kailee said...

LD is getting sooo big! He really is adorable (even if he does drive you crazy every once in a while ;)

victoria said...

He's your very own obligatory workout program. I need a little of that - but maybe not in the sharpie marker wielding form. Best of luck to you keeping up with him! He's darling.