Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Teacher Appreciation Week

It is Teacher Appreciation Week and I am the Room Parent. Being as non-creative as I am...I thought this would be a huge expensive chore. Not so much. I am so pleased with the ideas I came up with for C's teacher...and I thought I'd share in case anyone would like to copy.

Yesterday: I took in a bouquet of flowers with a little card (a poem) that I wrote plus some homemade Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. The kids signed the card, then we hid it in the classroom and played Hot-Cold with the teacher when she came back in.

Today: I sent C with a candy bar card. It turned out soooo cute! (Another poem)

Tomorrow: I bought her favorite kind of soda and I'm going to attach this poem I wrote:

Dear Mrs. J,

I’d like to leave you with this soda can…
To help you remember I’m your #1 fan.

Each time you reach to take a little drink,
A memory of me I’m sure you will think.

You’ve cheered me up every time I felt low

And you mean more to me than you ever will know.

And now that the grading is almost all done,
Thanks for this year, it sure has been fun!

Love, and then I'll have each child sign their own name and each one will tape it to a can of soda. It should keep her stocked up for a couple of weeks, at least!

Thursday: I have a picture I took of the class last week on the field trip that I had printed. I bought a signature mat to go with it and had each child sign that also yesterday when I was in. I'm going to wrap it all up and send it with C (so I don't have to go back in.).

Friday: The teacher will be absent...so I'm not doing anything else.

I decided I must've been a little poem happy since they all turned into poems. Oh well...I am so pleased that the ideas turned out cute and that they weren't too costly and that it makes the teacher feel important. After all, they have our kids for seven hours a day!



7 comments:

Heather said...

Those are cute ideas!

Chellie said...

Super cute! Great job!

dieMutti said...

You're a cool room mom. I wish I had a sister like you... oh, wait! :) I LOVE candy bar cards... I'd love to know what you used on this one! I guess we know who got the creativity genes :)

Cheri said...

You are so creative! Those are such great ideas.

Suzanne said...

I agree that little thank yous are a small price to pay for how much our teachers do for our children! You probably understand that well since you were a teacher!

Thanks for all those fun ideas. I'm always looking for new ones! :)

I have a good life said...

Hmm...I already posted this once, but when K and I went to look for it....it was gone. Who knows what happened.

This is the message from the candy bar card (as close as I can remember it):

Dear Mrs. J,
Please don't SNICKER, it really is true...All the (Almond) JOY you bring with a teacher like you.

You throw me out of ORBIT and past the MILKY WAY. Be-TWIX you and me, "You're the best!" I must say.

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week!

Love,
All the MUSKETEERS in your class.

The 7B's said...

What are you talking about? You are very creative!