Sunday, June 15, 2008

Back in Colorado

We're back in Colorado. Saying goodbye was so hard. It will be a fun couple of days coming up, but we are all starting to be ready to go home. LD is having a difficult time. He is Daddy's Little Boy and this separation has been really hard.

Speaking of Dads...Happy Father's Day. Since we knew that we would not be there on Father's Day with DH, we videotaped the kids telling him Happy Father's Day and sending him on treasure hunts to find their presents (wrapped and hidden before we left). It turned out very cute and DH appreciated it. He actually would have been just fine with celebrating after we return, but....I am a stickler for the actual day of an event. We will still take him out to dinner when we get home.

Sorry for the pictureless posts. I'll post pictures about the trip when I get home.

6 comments:

Cheri said...

Glad you're home safe and sound.
What a great idea to send him on a treasure hunt to find the gift.

The Tall and Short of it said...

Can't wait till you get back!! We miss you guys! What a cute Father's Day idea!!
One of the things I love about you is that you are ALWAYS thinking of others no matter what you have going on! Oh say packing for a road trip with three kids!!
I am so happy to be your friend!
I love you!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

that was a fun idea you are so sweet

Sox said...

Hey, Thanx so much for the great day yesterday. As it turns out the quilt store was well 2 blocks from the park, and I bought a book. But the best part of seeing you was that my ward is going to the zoo today, I was dumb and didn't look at that until today. We still get to go to the zoo AND I got to spend time with you and your great kiddos.

Suzanne said...

It was so fun getting to meet you! I hope that the rest of your trip goes well and that you arrive home safely!

Anne said...

Fun idea for fathers day :) Glad you guys are having such a good time!