Thursday, June 5, 2008

Last Day of School-parts 2 and 3

Part 2: Saying Goodbye

I went up to the school this morning to take final pictures of the kids with their teachers and classes. As exciting as it is for it to be summer, it is always sad to say goodbye!


Part 3: 1st Annual Waterfight

I read about this idea in the Family Fun magazine. It sounded very fun. I asked the kids. They loved the idea, so we did it. A couple of us moms waited for the bus with water guns aimed and ready. Prior to the bus arriving, we'd put out sprinklers, had buckets of water for reloading the guns, and filled up around 100 water balloons. They got off the bus and the fight was under way. It was so fun! :) I think we'll make it a tradition. My sister and her kids even came down and that made it more special.

9 comments:

KP said...

Oh my gosh! How fun! Especially with all the heat of living in the south.

Misty said...

I agree. It IS sad to day goodbye. At least for my kids.

And I love the idea of the water fight. GREAT fun!

Misty said...

day, say, hay...... it all means the same.... (for me anyway, because I can't type... or proof read for that matter).

Cheri said...

What a great idea- I bet the kids just had a blast!!

nikko said...

You should send your pictures in to the magazine. ;o) Glad it turned out so fun!

utmommy said...

Yeah for water fights. We are itching for some heat over here. I don't know what is up with the weather. My kids are more than ready to have water fights, swim, slip 'n slide etc.

Looks like fun!

Suzanne said...

You're right, it's hard saying goodbye to teachers. This year was particularly hard for me because both of my sons' teachers were so wonderful.

What a fun idea to have the waterfight! So did you get pelted with water in that last shot? :D

Chellie said...

We love water fights!
We've been out of school for over 2 weeks here! We are enjoying our summer and hope you have a lot of fun up your sleeve! Happy Summer!

zeebee said...

oH My goodness that is the funnest idea ever!!! I wish Shay rode the bus and I didn't have to drive 15 min each way!