Sunday, June 1, 2008

Late Post-Six Flags-Last Monday






This post has been delayed---I've been busy (but my Relief Society lesson is over! :) ). Late last week, DH's cousin called to say they were driving here to go to Six Flags over the weekend. We love them and were happy to have them stay. Then...they wanted to us to with them on Memorial Day. I think we are wimps. We thought it sounded, hot, crowded, and not much fun. But, she offered us going as a special gift and we couldn't refuse. We also love seeing them, so it was a good excuse to be together.


We went. It was HOT! It was crowded. Her DH loved to ride rides, so we set a pace the adults could barely keep up with, let alone the kids. LD got very sick. By the time we got home he had a fever and was really out of it. We were pushing water down him all day, but it was just too much for that little body. We had some fun moments, but...let's just say-we probably won't be doing this again any time soon!

8 comments:

Cheri said...

That is too bad. It is so hard to do the amusement park thing with little kids- especially when it's so hot. Poor little guy- I hope he felt better soon!

Misty said...

That's awful. Olivia just over the same sort of bug.... high fevers, nothing else. Weird.

The 7B's said...

I'm jelous it looks like so much fun to spend time together. The heat I could do without. We can't wait for you to come!!!!! Yes 7 days and counting. We will just spend as much time as possible in between driving kids here and there.

Karla said...

It looks like we had the same idea -- but it was in the 70's at the 6 flags in LA. Hope you made some good memories in spite of the sad ending. Hope everyone has recovered, and that your lesson went well too!

utmommy said...

It's been forever since I've been to a Six Flags. Looks like you had some fun.

Kailee said...

I'm sooooo jealous!! I've never been to six flags before! I'm sooooooooo excited for you guys to come!!! We will have so much FUN! I want to come visit you guys sometime to. I will convince my family to go next summer :)

Lana said...

your lesson was awesome!

I bet the kids had a fun day :) We are taking E and H this summer but I think I'll leave Lu behind this time. Especially now I think that would be a good idea.

Angela said...

Yes that can be fun but very draining