Friday, June 13, 2008

Vacation Update

We are having such a great time! It is so nice to see family. We are staying with my awesome sis-in-law and her family and much of the time my other sis-in-law and her family have been here. I don't even see my kids. They are off playing/bonding with their cousins. How fun! It makes the drive so worth it.

I have also gotten to spend a couple of afternoons with my dear grandma. I love her so much and she is the main reason I made this trip...she will be 93 this summer and I never know which time I see her will be the last. I do know that if this happens to be the last I have an awesome memory of her and I waving and blowing each other kisses goodbye. When I get home, I will post the photos.

Tonight, I also got to see two of my dearest friends (Sh and Sa) that have moved here. It was so awesome (those of you that know them should be soooooooooooooooo jealous! :) ). We talked, ate pizza, talked, roasted marshmallows, talked....it was as if we'd never left. K and C had so much fun with their best friends that had moved away. They both cried for 20 minutes when we left tonight...even though we stayed 2-3 hours longer than I'd planned. So worth the drive.

6 comments:

Jan said...

I am glad you got to see your family and friends. Grandmas are the best.

Sorry about whatever it is that is heavy on your mind. I will be thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers.

Take Care..

nikko said...

I'm so glad that you are having such a good time. So jealous that you got to hang out with S+S. I miss them!

wv: puibork. LOL.

KP said...

I am so happy for you! Your grandma is the best. I hope the rest of your vacation is just as good and you travel safely home.

Anne said...

I'm glad you got there safe, and that you are all having a great time! Such fun :)

I heard from Ang that you got to see S&S! SO jealous :) What are they having???

marcia@joyismygoal said...

I am jealous and they would not consider me best friends but i adore them both --so glad you are having a good trip you deserve it

AngeeBee said...

What a GREAT time I am sure that you girls all had together! I must admit that I am a bit jealous! :o) But at the same time SO excited that you three got to sit down and spend time together... friends like those two we meet once in a lifetime and share friendships forever! Please give them my love and then send me their email addresses! :o)