Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dead Computer!

I've never had a dead computer....until this weekend. We've had new ones and had to transfer files and that was hard enough...but this was a huge pain and STILL is a huge pain! UGH! Luckily I have a very good techie brother-in-law and he has extracted most of the information I need off the hard drive. There is still a LOT of things that have to be organized for the clinic, my work, my pictures, etc., but at least I have the Internet again! :)

So, at least for now, I am back! :)

(And...thank-goodness for online backups. They will save the day if we can't extract all of our info off our crashed hard drive. It will be some work to restore it...but I will not have lost everything!)

8 comments:

Lisette said...

I'm glad you are back. What happened to the rest of your posts?

Jay said...

Yay! You're back up and running! Good luck getting everything the way you like it.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kailee said...

I HATE dead computers! It would bug me too, but congrats on getting it running again!

Cheri said...

Glad you're back! Computer problems are awful. Thank goodness for helpful family!

Sox said...

I was missing you, glad to know it is only the technology that was keeping you away and not something much more serious.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

when ours died S had a friend who got EVERYTHING off our old hard drive installed a new one and put the old stuff on a separate hard drive that accesses so simply through 'My Computer ' let me know if you need his name

victoria said...

Oh - I feel your pain! We're still waiting to see if we can get all our erased stuff back. Online backing-up - what a concept. We'll get this right someday. - and your weekend without DH sounded like fun!