Thursday, October 2, 2008

Archery



K gets to go to Activity Days (kind of like a girls' club for ages 8-11) twice a month. They get to learn all sorts of things...from the spiritual to the practical to the fun. It is great for them and they have a fantastic leader. Yesterday, she got to go and learn archery. I was jealous. I've always wanted to learn that! She had a blast. She has two really close friends and they got to ride down together, talking and making up stories. Then, they got to take turns shooting this bow and arrow. They each got 5 arrows. K didn't have any of them hit the target. She is so tiny and she said that holding the bow was very difficult. She also came home with a little blister on her hand...but, all in all she LOVED it. I am so grateful that she gets to have experiences like this: learning something new, away from me (she can be her own person!), learning to socialize and get along, etc.. What a blessing.


PS Thanks to Jay for sending me some pictures!

6 comments:

nikko said...

When I heard they were going, I was jealous, too! I'm so glad the girls had fun.

KP said...

yeah for K, what a great attitude she has! Archery is actually very difficult, I am glad she had fun and that she has good friends to go with!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

What fun i love that too

The Tall and Short of it said...

K, you look so confident and brave!! Looks like fun! Great job!!

Jess said...

I had a bow and arrows when I was a kid. You can get the kids' set inexpensively and set up a target with hay bales in your backyard. It's a lot of fun and really teaches hand-eye coordination.

Mine were taken away, though, when I aimed at my brother...so if there's any sibling rivalry you might not want to invest in archery, lol.

AngeeBee said...

Great Job K! E really misses you and looks forward to coming home to spend time with you!

She has also enjoyed some archery down here in Mexico... we bought some sets at the pyramids - so, maybe you gals can go out and have some fun together!

We send our love!