Thursday, October 16, 2008

Surprise!

DH has been very busy lately...seminar, camping with us, another seminar coming up...and so he has had to frequently shut down the clinic. I wanted to go to the local football game, but it just seemed impossible. Except....DH surprised me and rescheduled all his patients so that we could go. :) If you know DH at all, you know that this is a big sacrifice and I am so grateful.

Unfortunately, I had a feeling we would lose (and we were ranked in the top 10!). What I had no idea of is the way we would lose. We looked horrible on the field. The game was super boring...even the fans of the team that won looked bored, excited to win, but bored.

Then, we took a wrong turn and got lost on the way home. Then, we got pulled over for speeding in a residential area. Thankfully, the cop just gave us a warning and some directions on how to get home, but it still made for a long night.

So...was it worth the money for the tickets and the babysitter and missing an Enrichment activity? You bet. We were out doing something different together, but, most of all, it meant so much to me that DH planned this surprise even though it meant rescheduling patients. That is a blessing! :)

11 comments:

Kailee said...

Wow, that sounds like a crazy and fun day!! How nice of DH to do that for you--thats so sweet!

nikko said...

Your DH is a sweetie. I'm so glad you got to go.

dieMutti said...

Uh oh! Sorry about the getting lost and the being pulled over. Maybe if you hadn't teased you sis about leaving early to be home and comfy, it wouldn't have happened.. hee hee :) Needless to say, we left with 3 minutes left and still spent almost AN HOUR on the shuttle back to the parking lot! DH and I were thinking that although we're not fair-weather fans, we do think we spent an awful lot of time & money (tickets, Bbsitter, gas, etc) to lose! Next time I wish they would call us the day before and say - don't bother coming; we're going to lose! :) Hope to talk to you soon!

Jay said...

What an adventure--with a cop chase and all! Just joking. Glad you had fun.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

We had fun at the game even tho BYU did not play well we got lost on the way out too but we were on foot :) and I have a blister to show for the 30 minutes of walking in slides Glad you had fun what a thoughtful surprise

Lisette said...

How fun that you got to go together and what a big surprise. It stinks that we lost and the rest of the story but it will be memoralbe later.

zeebee said...

What a memory! This will be a good story to tell, that was very thoughtful of your hubby, my bro. Glad it turned out well.

Yvonne said...

That was quite an adventure, but you're right well worth it!

Angela said...

Glad you got some time together.

Colleen said...

I echo your sentiments. I had a great time, I was so glad for the time alone with my eternal companion doing something we both enjoy. We haven't had a date without Jackson since August! It was nice. Sorry I didn't see you there though!

Anne said...

What a fun suprise :)
Too bad you got lost, that gets frustrating :(
But worth it, how awesome!