Sunday, April 26, 2009

Easier Than I Imagined

Look at all the things you can do when you don't have children for a night! It is amazing. I am so grateful that last night was okay. Heavenly Father really always is there and, while it doesn't seem I should have been, I was okay.

Things I accomplished last night:
  • I began by blogging (see previous post)...and as I typed the difficult words, an overwhelming feeling reminded me that I am never alone. This began the night just right, as I felt soooooooooo loved and strengthened.
  • two loads of laundry
  • put away/hung up clothes
  • some medical transcription
  • cleaned out and reorganized LD's clothes drawers
  • went to the clinic to take care of the cash box and checks in the mail
  • bought birthday cards for four family birthdays coming up, as well as Mother's Day cards...it is coming up you know!
  • picked up some Chinese food for myself...although I couldn't eat much, I did eat a little
  • dishes
  • talked with a few dear friends on the phone (so many called to check up on me that I even missed another dear friend's call (Sorry, Nikko....it was late when I saw my phone) !)
  • another dear friend dropped by. We just talked.
  • watched a couple of General Conference talks
  • prayed lots of prayers of gratitude for all the blessing that are mine
  • only woke up 3-4 times at night and always went back to sleep!

What a lucky girl I am! I can't wait to see my children! I can't wait to go to church! I am blessed beyond measure.

12 comments:

Lana said...

{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}

The Tall and Short of it said...

I knew you could do it!!! Thanks for being a wonderful example for us all! I am so happy that you can see blessings in a very very hard trial! You are a wonderful example of the WHY we should be obedient. Because you have been praying, really studying, re-watching and learning from General Conference, you can more quickly see the belssings you have. All of us are blessed, even in the midst of trials, but it is hard to see those blessings! I am so proud of you!!!!!!
I love you!!!!!!

nikko said...

(((Hugs!)))

The Tall and Short of it said...

I got it! The Hymn "Dearest Children, God In Near You". This totally explains what I was trying to say! I never know if I actually say or type what is in my head! But thankfully I was listening to this beautiful CD. I think you got this one. The one with pics of a bunch of singers on tht front! Let me go look . . . For those of you who have no idea what cd i am talking about, it is called Come Sing to the Lord. It is sooooo good!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

((((hugs too))))))

Natalie said...

Love you and sending hugs also.
You are an awesome woman.

Amanda said...

You are and have always been a strong Woman of God and you are right-- you are never alone! Life always sends us things that seem more then we can handle but we are stronger then we think!

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I have a good life said...

Had to delete a post...just had my name in it....nothing bad, in case you were wondering.

Here it is (Thanks, Kathy!):

"Your awesome __________ but if you ever feel like you can't handle it.....call me."

Suzanne said...

R, I am so sorry that you're having to go through this! You continue to amaze me with your strength. My thoughts and prayers are with you!!! ***hugs***

Lisette said...

I know all blogs can't be as possitive as this one but it's great to hear your possitive side. You'll make it to through even if you end up in Vietmam!

zeebee said...

Sending hugs to you too! Loved talking to you, glad we finally caught up to each other. I love you!