Friday, April 24, 2009

Perhaps the Most Difficult Night of My Life

My kids are gone. Overnight. With their dad. I am home alone. Yep. He has moved out. Never. Never. Never. Never thought it would happen to me. Can't understand why. Can't believe it. But it has. And I am alone tonight.

Only, I am never alone. Through it all, Heavenly Father has not left me or abandoned me and I know he won't tonight. I have angels...as Elder Holland put it, "both seen and unseen," all around me. I see miracles daily. I will be okay. We will be okay. It is just in the getting from here to there.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, especially for DH and the kids.

6 comments:

Colleen said...

I'm so sorry. Strangely, I have been thinking about you all week, and have had the strongest urges to write you a note that you are such a special person, even though I don't really know you all that well. I'm sorry I didn't act on it. I had no idea what you were going through.

If you ever need to talk, I've been through something similar. I know you are a much stronger person than I was then, and you have a much better foundation to lean on to help you through this difficult time. I will keep your family in my prayers. If you need anything, please feel free to call me (even late as many nights I can't sleep because some little child is making me uncomfortable). I NEVER get girl time, so I would LOVE to go get a Jamba Juice or something!

KP said...

I am so sorry, you have been on my mind all week. I am always here if you need to listen, or vent to, or just have some to talk to so you don't feel so alone. I am praying for all of you. Take care!

shana said...

So sorry. I can't even imagine how difficult that must be, and how quiet your house must seem. You guys are all in my prayers!!!

The Tall and Short of it said...

You are amazing! You will make it through this. I know Heavenly Father will NEVER leave you alone.

nikko said...

I thought about you all night long. Sorry I didn't call back until so late. :o(

Can't wait to see you today and say Hi!

Cheri said...

I'm so sorry this is happening. What a courageous woman you are to be handling it with such a positive outlook.
You are right- you're not alone God is with you and I pray you feel His comforting arms around you!