Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Miracles in the Midst of Misery

Life has been nothing short of miserable lately. Life just doesn't go as planned....remember Holland? I am definitely headed there, not Italy.

But, I have to rejoice in the blessings of miracles. A couple of weeks ago, I decided that today was the day I would go to the temple. With all the craziness going on, this was the only day that I could free up and NOTHING was going to stop me from going. Be careful what you promise yourself, I guess.

Long story short....this week has been horrid, including our van breaking down yesterday and getting fixed yesterday. Until....this morning...I tried to take the kids to school and it was having all the same problems of yesterday. I didn't have transportation and the temple is about an hour away. Luckily, one friend came and got LD. Another came and stayed at my house so the tow truck could pick up the van. And a third came and picked me up and took me to the temple.

Amazing. Truly nothing short of amazing. I am so blessed. My blessings are overflowing. I have such good friends and for that, I will be forever grateful!

5 comments:

nikko said...

You are loved! ((((Hugs!))))

Sox said...

uhm,,, what's wrong with your car??? Me help?

The Tall and Short of it said...

I can't tell you how proud I am of you!! It would have been so easy just to say you couldn't go!! What an example you are to ALL of us! You are able to touch so many just by being you!!!

btw-Sure was a good thing that your broken van had nothing to do with the "fule"! LOL LOL LOL. . .

victoria said...

There is no better refuge in this world than the temple. I'm so glad you were able to go. What wonderful friends you have! Here's a hug from Utah!

victoria said...

PS - Holland has beautiful tulips this time of year.