Saturday, April 11, 2009

Like a Sister

This morning I am so sad. My sister-in-law and her family have been here most of this last week. They just left and I already miss them so much! She is such a strength and support to me. Her family is just adorable. Her older girls took K under their wings and she just was one of them the entire time. CR and C (the only two boys..not including toddler LD) were almost as annoying together as they were inseparable: all normal boy stuff. And G and LD were so cute together as they are only a couple of months apart and so loved all the same toys. LD would say, "Where is my friend, G?" if they weren't with us...even if they were just in the van following us. Last night, as he was going to bed, we explained that the cousins were leaving and he kept repeating, "My friend, G, can't go home. Stay here!" over and over and over. I am glad they love each other.

I am so grateful for family. I am grateful for the gospel that assures that we can be united as a family forever...for I truly claim my sister-in-law as my sister.

Love you guys! Miss you already! Wish we lived closer!

4 comments:

zeebee said...

I am SO glad that they made it down there and you had such a great time together! We miss you guys so much!

KP said...

Family is amazing, and when it is you in-laws you get along with so well, it is even better! Glad that you had a good visit.

Suzanne said...

It's wonderful to have family visit. I'm sure it was hard to see them go, but it sounds like everyone had such a great time while they were here! Enjoy your getaway to Houston!

Lisette said...

We loved beeing there with you guys!! I hope you come out this summer!