Thursday, May 24, 2007

10 years! Happy Anniversary, DH!



Today is my 10-year-wedding anniversary! I can't believe that it has already been this long. The wedding day, itself, did not turn out even close to as planned: the wedding planner changed my colors, my veil didn't fit and made me look like a hippie, it rained, the photographer did not do a good job, etc...But, amid all this something very, very good happened: I got to marry and be sealed to one of the very most amazing men in the world! What a lucky girl I am.

We have had our good and bad times in the last ten years, but as I browsed through all the photo albums, I saw that there were many more good times. We are now through with school, lived in three different states, have three kids and a dog, love our first house and our brand new van. While it might not be exactly what we dreamed of ten years ago, I think it is pretty darn close and how blessed we are!

I am so lucky to have DH. He is very funny and is a great storyteller. He is supportive of me and everything I want to do. He is a wonderful father, who has a great balance between teacher, discipliner, friend, and fun-provider. He is always working hard to support our family, particularly allowing me to be home with our kids. All in all, he makes me very happy. Once again, I am so blessed. Love ya, DH!
As I look forward to the next ten years, I end the post with some of our history in photos:





10 comments:

dieMutti said...

AWESOME! I was thinking of you guys already today because as you celebrate your 10th Anniversary, we celebrate our 5th Engagement Anniversary! I don't think I'll ever forget your anniversary date! I wish I was closer so I could force you guys to take a few days off by yourselves! Here's to another 40 (at least)! :)

utmommy said...

HAPPY 10TH!!!

We just had our 10th in December and I can hardly believe it. I wish you many many more happy years.

Joyismygoal said...

Happy happy 10th you two are so awesome!!!! and I love the hippie veil:) and the trip down memory lane was very fun.

nikko said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Hopefully you're out doing something fun tonight. :o)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! You guys are awesome! Can't wait to see you.
L

Anonymous said...

Happy 10th to you and your family. It is so nice of you to share with us your beautiful life. Thank you.

Godd luck on a life time more and an eternity of happiness.

Lana said...

Happy Anniversary!!!

You were a very beautiful hippie :)
fun pictures, you guys are an awesome family.

I know you'll have many 10's more that will be more and more wonderful.

Suzanne said...

I'm sorry I haven't been online in awhile and missed this great post!

How fun to see all the pictures of your family progressing! I love your wedding dress! It rained on my wedding day too! Did you both graduate on the same day? It was fun to see your older kids as babies too.

Thanks for sharing! I love posts like this! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I love and miss you lots! I can't wait to see you in July. Its gonna be soooo fun!
K

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys have had some awesome family pictures over the years! Congrats on the big 10!
I hope you took some time for yourself. love ya!
zeebee