Monday, October 29, 2012

Belated Post: My Family's Visit

 As mentioned in the post about E's baptism, my parents and my brother, S, came to visit to be here for E with an added benefit of getting to see the youngest grandchild:  V.  It was a chaotic weekend.  They arrived Friday and we did dinner together (Both the S family and our family).  Saturday morning was the baptism, followed by two sessions of General Conference.  Sunday was more General Conference and dinner together at the S home (see picture from the previous post).  Then, Monday (all too soon!) they had to fly home.

Above is a picture of the boys and Grandma playing a game--such a L family thing to do!  :)

 Grandma was sooooooooo excited to see and hold V.
  Here are the proud grandparents:
 
 One of the things that my mom brought with her when they came is the dress that she sewed for me and that I was blessed in.  We tried it on V.  It fits very well right now---and just might fit by blessing day, but maybe not.  I was a preemie and V was not.  We will see.
 More pictures in the dress:

   
 It was another sad day when Grandma, Grandpa, and S had to say goodbye--especially to V.  Like Grandma K, she won't remember any of these visits or who these strangers are next time we see them.  I so wish all of my family lived closer.

Below is S and C.  This is how I found them when it was time to go to the airport.  And they played up to the very last minute.  They both love strategy games and again I wish that we all lived closer.  C really doesn't have anyone to play these long games with.  -sigh-  It would be so nice.
But, like always, I am so blessed.  I have a great family and we live in a time with modern technology.  We can fly, drive, Skype, or talk on the phone to visit.  What a blessing!  :)

No comments: