Tuesday, October 9, 2012

E's Baptism

This has been somewhat of a crazy weekend....although not nearly as crazy as it was for my sister.

This weekend, my niece, E, was baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  It was also Conference weekend, where we get to hear the words of the prophets as they speak to the world.  In addition, my parents and one of my brothers flew down to celebrate this special occasion.

Friday night, we were able to all get together and enjoy a yummy Mexican meal.  It was a sacrifice for my sister and her hubby as his family was also in town, but we were able to make it work.  :)
 Saturday morning, bright and early, E was baptized.  Her baptism was held at 9 am in order to allow us all to be back and able to watch General Conference at 11 am.
 Here is E with her dad, P.  P also baptized C back in 2009.  What a great man!
 And my dear sister, S with her oldest daughter, E!  Aren't they both beautiful?
 This is the whole family group.  So many that are here for E.  :)
 E got a few gifts for her baptism day.  Grandma and Grandpa gave her a bible and all of her aunts and uncles on our side combined to give her a triple combination (including the Book of Mormon).

 These two cute cousins are just loving V, especially T (the youngest).  At 2 1/2, she LOVES to hold V and will as often as possible.  :)
We also got together on Sunday night for dinner.  S is such a great hostess.  As late as it was and as crazy as the weekend was, all 8 grandkids were tired and cranky, but we got a picture of almost all of Grandma and Grandpa's grandchildren--we are sure missing A!  At least we will remember it!

I have many more pictures to post:  V as she grows, more of the visit with my parents, and so forth....but....this was the most important event, so it is first.  :)  I am so blessed to have such great family, particularly having my sister live close to me.  So blessed.

No comments: