Sunday, October 6, 2013

General Conference

I am a Mormon.  I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I love it.  I feel so much gratitude that I have the blessing of the direction of living prophets in my life.  If you don't know what I am talking about, please visit Mormon.org to learn more.....Or just ask me.  :)

Anyway, this last weekend was General Conference.  It was amazing.  I love the Spirit.  I love the direction.  I love that we can listen/watch in our own home.  I love that the kids love it.  They are attentive, take notes, and really listen to what they are being taught.  What a blessing in a world that has very different values from our family.

This year, we did something new.  Before the last conference, I had read somewhere (Pinterest, I am guessing) about a great idea.  We did it and we absolutely love it.  It will be done again and again.  In April, I purchased pictures of each of the apostles and prophets.  Friday night, I posted them all around the room.  I was impressed with the Spirit that came, just hanging them up.  It was almost tangible. 

I had purchased a cube of sticky notes that allowed each of us to have a different color.  While every Apostle spoke, we each wrote a sentence or two about what the talk was about, what we learned, or an inspiring quote from the talk.  It was amazing to see everyone....even J...concentrating on the talks and sharing with the family what they learned.

These are the pictures I took this morning before the two sessions today.

 President Monson is now covered after two more talks.  Only his face is visible.



This one is so cool to me.  It is just coincidence, but still so cool.  I put all the pictures face down in a big pile.  I decided where I wanted to hang a picture, then put my hand in and randomly pulled out a picture to hang.  Guess what?  The entire First Presidency ended up on our front wall, right by the TV (President Eyring is on the other side of our TV).  So cool. 

I am so grateful for my faith and my knowledge of my Savior, Jesus Christ.  He has made my life amazing.  I need Him.  I am grateful for a husband and children that love Him as well.  I am so blessed.  So very blessed indeed!

2 comments:

Lana said...

that's a fun idea! I'm going to do that next time.

Andrea said...

That is a great idea with the pictures and post it notes. I will have to do that next time.