Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Not-So Crazy Week???

This week has been not as crazy.  That is good, but the funny thing is not as crazy means, among other things, a choir concert on Monday, a football game on Tuesday, Dentist appointments on Thursday, Time Out for Women on Friday and Saturday, and so forth.  It is a really crazy life I lead when all this seems like a "not-so-crazy" week.

K had her first high school choir concert on Monday evening.  V had a fever and so CK stayed home with her.  He was sad to miss it.  It was very well done too.  I guess because I have only seen her perform in elementary and middle school choirs, I was shocked just at the decorum of the students.  All the songs were beautiful.  The transitioning from one choir to the next was well done and silent.  I was very impressed.  One thing that K loves about her choir teacher is that he always explains to them what the songs are about and their backgrounds as they practice.  He did this also in the program as well.  I appreciated it also.  It just meant more to understand what the songs were about.

 K had told me to be able to see her to sit on the right side.  I did.  I guess I chose the wrong part of the right side....I rarely could see her since there was another young lady right in front of her.  I have a couple of shots where the young lady moved and I could see K a little.  She is on the very right, fourth row up if you count the floor.  I can see her face a little in this picture.  Her choir sang "Beneath the African Sky" and "Was Ever a Dream a Drum?"  Both were beautiful.
 Then Tuesday was C's football game.  It is one of my favorite parts of the week.  I love to watch him play and he absolutely loves it.  He is #21.  He plays almost exclusively offense as a running back.  He is pretty good.  He is getting better at blocking to let others run as well now and that is making him more well-rounded.
 I love V with the sun on her back.  She is such a cutie.
 C is out there on one side of the quarter back.  I am not sure if he ended up running the ball in this play or not.  I actually think it was him that was the ball carrier.  I don't think I will ever get tired of hearing his name over the loud speaker.  It thrills me every time.
 And the game is over....another victory.  They are undefeated this year.  This is the first game where they even allowed the other team to score any points.  Makes for one happy kid.  I am sure their first loss will be devastating.

This weekend has turned a little more crazy.  K and I are going to Time Out for Women.  I am excited.  I have some good friends that are going and we are leaving Friday about 3:00 and staying there overnight (Thank you hotel points!), not to return until 5-5:30 Saturday.  The event goes late Friday and begins early Saturday....still so worth it, especially time with K.

BUT....I didn't know I would busy myself Saturday night as well.  I have a very good friend who is moving away.  :(  She has been my friend for a long time.  Her husband was my Bishop for years, including beginning at the time of our divorce mediation, going through the divorce, being my spiritual adviser throughout my single days, and witnessing my marriage to CK.  So, both of them have meant a lot to me.  Some of their kids are similar ages to mine and we have spent hours swimming together and talking.  I cannot express how much their family means to me.

Well, when I discovered that no one was throwing this amazing family a farewell party, I was stunned.  Their move has come up quickly and Bishop S is not home often so coordinating was tough.  The only night that worked.....you guessed it....Saturday night.  It will be crazy to get home about 5:30 and open my doors for an open house beginning at 7:00, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  It means that much to me. 

Finally, I found a picture that I had never used on memory card.  I love it.  I have to use it now.

This was back on the first day of school.  We did our traditional going to eat frozen yogurt as a first day of school treat.  This was the picture we got....K with 9 fingers up (9th grade), J with 1, and C with 7.  It turned out to be a cute picture.  I just had to add it to this post. 

And..... notice... another blog post done in less than a week.  WoooHooo!!!!!  Not easy for me these days!

No comments: