Thursday, August 14, 2014

Family Vacation Day 6: Wednesday July 30, 2014

I can't believe it has taken me so long to follow up with these posts that I have forgotten a little bit of what we did each day.

On Wednesday, July 30th, we began the day with a visit to the beach, of course. After visiting the beach, we went to a souvenir shop. The kids really wanted to go, and I really wanted to have something special to remember this trip by.

By then, it was pretty much time for
CK and I to go out.  You see, it was our 3rd anniversary.  K & C watched all the other kids, while Ck and I went to dinner.  It was very nice to get away. We went to a restaurant that had been recommended to us, but the food was not that great. What was great, was that even though it was expensive, we had been given a gift that covered most of the cost.  Another great thing was that we didn't have to wander around trying to decide where to go. And yet another great thing, it was it was a seafood buffet, so we just sat down and started to eat.  For parents of a 5 month old, all three of these things were huge blessing. We really didn't want to leave all 6 kids alone for very long.

I had been hoping to have a walk along the beach while the sunset, but it didn't work out. By the time we finished with dinner, and we still had to drive to the house and the Sun was going down already.

So, instead, we went back to the house where I fed the baby, then we left for a walk to the beach. It was totally dark, but it was still beautiful. I am so glad we got to go to the beach. When our family vacation was planned and it worked out right across our anniversary, I was not sure how it would go. But, it was wonderful. And, we both needed a little bit of a respite from the kids.

I have such an amazing husband! I am so very grateful for the way the Lord has protected me and taken care of me. I have had my heart aches. But, I have now more joy than I ever could have imagined.  Honestly, I did not know that life could be this good.

No comments: