Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Family Vacation Day 8: August 1, 2014

I am back to posting about our family vacation. On Friday, August 1st, we said goodbye to the house we were renting and the beach.

We spent the first part of the morning packing up. Then, we walked through the house and say goodbye. As you will see the pictures, we even went up to the top and all said goodbye.  From there, we could see the beach, and so we said goodbye to the beach also.

Then, we left to begin our drive home. We had been planning to drive all the way home, but, with CK driving everywhere, since I could not drive very well already, we decided it would be better for us to spend the night in a hotel on the way back. We even had a couple of free nights, since we use hotels so frequently when we go to see A.

So, once we got started, we decided to take a little bit longer route. It was close to the exact same, but we got to go on a ferry, which I really wanted to do.  It scared A, so she was not excited, but we went for me. I was grateful that everyone sacrifice to do something I wanted to do.

It was cool, but not nearly as cool as I expected. The regular ferry boat that is much larger including observation decks up high above the cars was broken and so we went on this little ferry boat where we were crammed in like sardines , and we couldn't really even see the water.

Still cool, but, looking back, probably not worth the little bit of extra time and the extra money.  I guess we didn't know that we would have to go on this smaller ferry boat.

We were so exhausted by the time we got to the hotel. We were lucky that we were able to get two rooms adjoining, one with two queen beds, and one with a king and extra space.  It was perfect for our family.

Again, because of this weird app, I will be posting pictures in a separate post. One of my favorites is when I looked back and saw Baby C and V holding hands in their car seats.

No comments: