Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Gratitude

I have been pondering a lot over the last few days just how grateful I am.  This eye thing and the possibilities surrounding it really stink!  But, I am so very grateful for so many things.  I cannot feel too down.

  • I am grateful that Baby C is already born.  I am grateful that we chose to have him so quickly after V.  If we had waited, I could currently be pregnant, which would make it harder to diagnose my condition, or, even worse, we could have decided not to have any more children.  I am grateful he is here.
  • I am grateful for modern medicine.  Yes, the doctors for sure do not know everything, but there is a lot that they DO know.
  • I am grateful for my faith.  I know that Heavenly Father, the God of us all, is able to do all things, including healing me.  It would be easy for Him.  If He is choosing to have this trial continue, He has a reason and knows way more than I do.
  • I am grateful for the prayers and fasting of hundreds:  dozens that know me and many that don't.  Some of my faith.  Some not.  But, we all have a knowledge of God and Jesus Christ and faith that they are listening.  I feel those prayers and have been sustained by them.
  • I am grateful for CK, who doesn't miss a beat in picking up the slack.  He is now the only driver in our home and he drives everyone everywhere without a single complaint.  He has a time-intensive calling at church, we have a large family, and he works.  Yet, amidst all this, he is picking up what I cannot do and doesn't even act like it is a burden whatsoever.
I am  so very blessed and lucky.  I cannot see out of my right eye.  I might have MS.  Scary.  Not fun.  But, I cannot help but cherish all the blessings.  I am so grateful.  I know this life is a test and never was meant to be perfect.  It just isn't, but I am one lucky girl!

No comments: