Tuesday, January 6, 2015

2015

So, here I sit with hundreds of posts waiting to be posted.  I really have a huge desire to post them.  I love keeping a history of my family.  I love looking at pictures and remembering what has happened.  I love documenting the moments that will never return.  But, the fact is I have six kids, I have MS, and I have to let many things that I desire to do go by the wayside. 

It is 2015 now and I really want to keep this blog updated.  I also really want to catch up on all the moments not documented in 2014.  The reality is that I likely will not get there.  Perhaps it is just better to start from here and document away throughout this year.  Fingers crossed that I will be able to post again from 2014...such as our Christmas trip to Idaho.  Fun and a little crazy trying to get home.  Definitely worth a post.  Or our Christmas with my sister and her family.  Fun.  Pinata...fun.  Another post that deserves the attention.  Hmmm...wish me luck!

The crazy thing is that I sat here this afternoon with Baby C on my lap.  He is 11 months old today.  Last week, I started a family time capsule.  We will open it in 10 years.  I guess that got me thinking about where I was 20 years ago (a freshman in college) and where I will be in 20 years (an empty nester with Baby C likely on a mission).  Crazy.  I am so ready for each step of my life in front of me.  At the same time, I mourn the passing moments.  For goodness sake, K is a sophomore in HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!  Who would have thought?  Likely I will never be pregnant again.  Likely, I will never hold my own newborn in my arms again.  So, while I am ready to progress forward in life, I also mourn the passing of the moments that are fleeting.

For 2015, I look forward to having a daughter that gets her driver's license.  I look forward to having more nights that I can sleep all night than nights that I get awakened by a baby.  I look forward to having two high school students in the fall.  I look forward to family vacations.  I look forwards to busy exhausting days, but days that bring me joy and fulfillment as I get to be MOM of this amazing bunch.  I look forward to a great year.  Bring it on, 2015!!!

No comments: