Monday, January 26, 2015

A seamstress?

Okay, so I am NOT a seamstress. I do have a great love for quilting. I rarely, as in almost never, get to do anything with sewing and fabric and quilting.  My dear, beloved sister, is having a baby boy.  I wanted to make something for him that came from my heart.

I cheated a little. I bought the fabrics all bundled together, so I did not have to choose which fabrics or which pattern to use. I did still have to do all the cutting and all the sewing, but the choosing was done. The cool thing is I began this quilt on Monday night. Thursday night was my sister's shower. And, miracle of miracles, it was done. It definitely is not perfect. There are a lot of imperfections to it. But, it was done.

One thing I can learn from this is that if I want to make time for something, I can. I consider myself quite busy. I have many places to be and many people to tend to ( yet again....
six children). But, I was able to spend the time necessary to accomplish this task.  This proves to me that if I want to do something, I can. In this case, it combined something I wanted to do for myself (quilt) with doing something for someone I love ( making it for my sister's shower).

No comments: