Friday, January 23, 2015

Mornings

So, Baby C has taken to waking up every morning at 5 am. The good news is this means he has been sleeping until 5 am.  The bad news is that I have been frustrated at not having my exercise time,  my shower time, my get breakfast ready time, or my prep for the day time.

He and I had a deal that he would sleep until 6:15 this morning.  Nope.  5:15 and he was up.  But, as I sat there nursing him, I was struck by what a blessing this time is.  I love my babies.  I love cuddles.  The babies grow.  The time holding them is fleeting.  Exercise, showers, breakfasts, dishes, and so forth will be there in the coming days, months, and years.  Cuddling my baby won't.  How lucky I am to have these 5 am moments!!!!!!!  In addition to just loving this time, I realized that I rarely get time with just Baby C.  With six children, and the busyness of our lives, I really cherish this individual time with my baby.

And, similarly, even though him not being weaned is a little frustrating, what a blessing that I still get to nurse him!!!!!  V had to have formula to help her grow and soon didn't nurse.  With my MS, we were told he'd need to be weaned shortly.  He refused.  So we let him nurse....and I have been blessed with outstanding health.  A few months ago - I never would have guessed this was possible.  What a blessing!

No comments: