Thursday, June 21, 2007

First Fever

So, as we drove home from the clinic after our second interview of the day--LD fell asleep. It was only about 7:45, way early for bedtime for him. I put him in his crib and he amazingly stayed asleep forever..until 1 am. When I picked him up, he was burning up. For some reason my thermometer has been lost for the last few weeks. I have a sneaky suspicion that it ended up as a part of a science experiment somewhere, so I don't know how high the fever is, but it is LD's first fever. The odd part is he is soooooooooo happy. He is cruising all over smiling, cooing, laughing, as happy as can be. He thinks it funny that I am lying on the floor, 4/5 asleep, trying to be awake enough to monitor him. Right now, he is just sitting on my lap talking and smiling. If this is what a fever does to him (as long as he's okay physically, of course) I'd take it every day! :)

4 comments:

utmommy said...

I'd take that over crying and crakiness any day!

Heather said...

Ohhh. Poor baby, hope he gets feeling better.

Joyismygoal said...

That sounds like a pleasant experience I kinda know how he feels if my head does not hurt when I have a fever I feel kindof ethereal

Suzanne said...

My younger son is like that! It's hard to know how sick he really is because he's always so happy. I'm glad your little guy didn't seem to suffer much and I hope his fever has gone down by now! :)