Friday, June 1, 2007

Last Day of School!






Today was the last day of school. I have to say that it has been a great year for my kids. We started at a brand-new elementary school that opened just down the street from us. I actually had them transferred to another school, but felt right about them going to this school so I rescinded the transfer request less than two weeks before the beginning of school. I love the principal. I love the school. I love the teachers. It has been a great year. It will be fun for C, since he will be in the first class to go through all the grades at this school. K loved her teacher so much that there were tears in both of their eyes (her teacher's and hers) as they hugged goodbye.


I am excited to have them home with me, too. I am not looking forward to the bickering, which I know will go on...but other than that...I have great kids and I love being with them. We had even seriously considered the homeschooling thing for next year, but finally I felt better about having them in this awesome school we have been blessed with. It just wasn't right for our family at this time. For one thing, with a baby and a business, I don't think I could really do school right. Perhaps the time will come a little later. I would love to homeschool and I think with my teaching degree and experience, as well as love and dedication, that I could do a really good job at it.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for stopping by! I love reading blogs, so I guess you'll be seeing more of me now.

nikko said...

Yay for the last day of school!

Joyismygoal said...

Sweet kids Summer fun here we come,

utmommy said...

Glad they had a good year!!

Suzanne said...

How fun that school is out! Having the right school makes such a big difference. We've had one good experience and one bad experience so far and they're like night and day with the same child. I'm glad you had such a good experience with this new school! :)

Anonymous said...

I think I would like to home school. I am just afraid that I don't have the tools and know how to do a good job.

That is so cool that you have a teaching degree.

My oldest has been out of school for a week but she is with her father until the 14 of June. We all miss her very much.