Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Slumber Party






In theory, I knew exactly how exhausting a sleepover party would be. In reality, I had no idea. Picture ten screaming and wild and running 8-year-old girls. Let's just say it was a blast! I am just so glad that K had fun. She has been in heaven and all the exhaustion is very worth it. Right now it is nearly midnight and not one has gone to sleep yet! I could be up for awhile!




We have




  • eaten Pizza


  • played a fun pillow game that is similar to hot potato, but each person that gets out gets to choose and open a small gift


  • made cool fuzzy flip flops


  • decorated and ate cupcakes


  • opened presents


  • played twister


  • ran and screamed


  • had a 'dark party'.....with glow-in-the dark necklaces


  • watched "Over the Hedge"


  • currently watching "Annie"


DH was busy working and stressing over the clinic and C is spending the night with a friend, so I had to take care of Little Dan and all the party games and kids at the same time. Poor little guy. He was so tired. I guess he will frequently feel that way being kid #3. But the older kids also have to deal with me taking care of him when they feel they need me, as well. I guess it all evens out in the end.

5 comments:

nikko said...

Oooh! What a fun party. The flip flops are so cute. Glad K had a great time.

Joyismygoal said...

FUn Mom looks like lots of funI hope you can sqeeze in a nap this aft

Heather said...

That looks like a dream b-day for an 8 year old!

I'm sure she'll remember all your hard work in about 25 years when she is hosting her own! :)

utmommy said...

Cute flip flops! Sounds like the party was a hit.

Tristi Pinkston said...

I haven't braved a slumber party yet -- but my daughter will be eleven soon and I guess I can't avoid it forever.