Wednesday, June 13, 2007

No Sleep and a firing!

Well....guess what time I went to bed. 2:30 am. I then woke up every half an hour or so to check on and/or calm down girls. I still had two awake at 5:30 am, but by the time I got up at 6:10, they were asleep. CRAZY. Needless to say I am EXHAUSTED! K told me, however, that she thought that her friends were all going to think that this was the best party EVER! She was really happy and that was worth it.

Then, as many of you know, we have been having staff problems at the clinic. We have felt like the current employee was just not working hard and had lied and continued to lie to us and she has only worked for us for a week and a half. Well, today, while I was out, I ran into a friend that is also a patient. She told me that our employee had been complaining to her regarding the job, hours, duties, etc. She did this for an extended amount of time, instead of working (and we were wondering why she didn't get much done in a shift!). Anyhow, this was the last straw. DH and I both felt immediately that it was time to let her go. So, we did---this afternoon. This is our second firing and it is always kind of hard. I get so nervous before hand, but it was the best move. Now we have to once again go on the employee search. There just aren't a lot of trustworthy, hardworking people looking for jobs!


C is having a friend sleepover. His family is moving this weekend and so we have to get in all the time with him we can! K has been already zonked for hours, and I think it is time for me to join her. At least it is a much calmer sleepover with one 5-year-old boy over instead of all those girls last night.

5 comments:

nikko said...

I hope you got some sleep last night! That was A LOT of girls to have over at once.

Jess said...

Have you considered asking your church if they know anyone trustworthy looking for a job? When I was in desperate need of work about 11 years ago I told my church and a member hired me about a week later. It really helped me alot!

Lana said...

K's party looks like it was so much fun!
You are a good mom to do so much for the kiddos and let them have friends over all the time:)

I hope you find someone who will work out great.

Joyismygoal said...

You had fun!! its exhausting to have that much fun:) Sorry aboutthe clinic would you want a 17 yr old boy?

Suzanne said...

I'm sure that was hard to fire that lady, but at least you guys figured out that she wasn't a hard worker right away. Hopefully, you'll find someone new quickly. That is, between all of your fun sleepovers! ;)