Thursday, September 18, 2008

My "Friends"


I have had a lot going on lately and it has been tough. In the midst of it all, however, I have had a new routine since the start of the school year that I love and is helping me stay grounded.

As soon as LD goes down for a nap, I first get on my knees and pray to my dear Father in Heaven, then I pull out my "friends," the scriptures, and I read for at least 10-15 minutes. I love the silence of my home and the opportunity to really hear what the Lord is saying to me. I love that it is not in the morning when life is rushed (although we do do our family reading then) or in the evening when I am tired and distracted by DH. Frequently, after my prayer and reading, I will then snooze for 5-10 minutes (I so wish it could be longer!). The entire routine is such a great way to rejuvenate and focus. I love it. Thank goodness for my "friends."

9 comments:

KP said...

What a great idea, I wish your rest time could be longer too. As for me, I find even if I do take the chance to lay down, I often don't rest, my mind just races with what needs to be done.

Cheri said...

What a great time to have some quiet time and let God talk to you.
Glad it's helping!

Karla said...

It is so important to have that quiet personal time! Glad you found a time that works for you!

Lana said...

You are awesome, I know Heavenly Father is so happy for the time that you, His dear daughter, are taking to spend with him. You will be blessed and strenghtened in this time of trials, I know it.
Love you.

The 7B's said...

I'm glad you know what is important!!

nikko said...

You are so good. :o)

Jay said...

I am so glad you've been able to have time with your "friends." Peaceful, quiet solitude is a balm to the soul. And a nap sure does help! Thinking of you!

P.S. I love your blog's new look! Autumn IS the best season!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

What an awesome perspective and opportunity for communication

The Tall and Short of it said...

You never seize to amaze me!!! This is why you are one of my very BEST friends!!! You have so many qualities so much like our Savior! THANK YOU FOR BEING YOU!!