Thursday, September 25, 2008

Trains, Watermelons, and Temples

This has been a very crazy week. So much to do. So little time. Here is a little bit of our week:

Tuesday, LD and I went on a small train ride with friends from church. This was the first time that I saw LD anticipate something. He ran around the house all morning shouting, "Train. Let's go!" He was so excited. He also loved it when we got there, but was really just taking it all in and trying as hard as he could to avoid my camera. After the ride, we headed to the park for a picnic and playing. LD had a blast. They had a great playground just his size.
That same day, DH and I had been cleaning out the weed patch behind the garden. Look what we found...a watermelon! It is actually so yummy. We thought our watermelon seeds did not germinate, but I guess it did, just out of the garden and into the weeds!

Finally, it has been an up and down week. Today, was a previously scheduled and anticipated temple trip with one of my best friends. It was exactly what I needed. The temple brings such peace, comfort, and inspiration and I have had such a great day. It was such a perfect day. Thanks to TXMommy for taking LD. It was definitely what I needed. :)

8 comments:

dieMutti said...

Yummy watermelon! My funny husband threw a few orange seeds in the yard tonight and is telling the kids we're growing an orange tree. Yeah, way to dash their dreams! :) The train looked like fun and I'm glad you got to go to the temple. I've missed talking with you!

nikko said...

I feel like I haven't talked to you much this week, even though we drove together to the train!

I'm glad you got to go to the temple. How funny about your watermelon. We have enjoyed similar-looking watermelon lately. Ours don't taste that great, though. ;o)

Jay said...

I love your pics of the park. LD is a cutie. And that is some watermelon!

The Tall and Short of it said...

Your watermelon looks soooo yummy!! Jay, you are so rught, LD is so cute!

Anne said...

Funny about your watermelon!
but what a nice suprise!

Alison said...

Now that's my kind of gardening. Throw out a few seeds, wait a few months, yummy watermelon.

Suzanne said...

What a fun surprise to find an entire watermelon! I'm glad it was still good. And that's great you were able to go to the temple. I went over the weekend too and you're right, it's so wonderful, isn't it? :)

Yvonne said...

I've been so busy too lately! Looks like you've had a lot of fun!