Saturday, September 20, 2008

A productive day---hurray!

I have not been very productive this week. But, today...I think I made up for it and it feels so good. Just this morning I have:
  • Made, Eaten, and Cleaned-up from German pancakes
  • Mowed the lawn
  • Trimmed the bushes
  • Swept the garage
  • Sorted, washed, dryed, and folded four loads of laundry
  • Started a batch of dishes
  • Showered
  • Vacuumed out the intake vent and changed the filter in the house
  • Worked on scrubbing out stains in the carpet
  • Thoroughly vacuumed the entire house
  • Worked on organizing/tidying C's room
  • Worked on organizing/tidying K's room (they both needed it badly, I assure you!)
  • Paid bills for the clinic and organized/reconciled financially for the clinic
  • Made, ate, and cleaned-up from lunch
  • Read books to LD
  • Typed up this post

Wow! There is nothing like a productive day to raise your spirits! :) And...I love to organize, which, ironically enough, is why it doesn't get done very often. Things I love to do always end up at the bottom of the list. Hmmm...maybe I need to rethink that. Oh well, I actually have many more things that need to be done. Maybe this afternoon will be just as productive (or maybe I will just go take a nap!).

13 comments:

Cheri said...

Wow- that's great. That's a lot that you got done.
It does feel so good to get all that taken care of!

dieMutti said...

I love it! Nice work! And I am feeling a little slacker-y because it's 2pm and all I've done today so far is get up and go to the softball tournament and come home. Goodbye productive Saturday! Maybe I will just live through you... :)

Heather said...

I had big plans today, but they didn't come to fruition... glad your day worked out!!

nikko said...

Wow! I wish I felt well enough to do that much. Having a cold stinks!

Good for you. :o)

Robin said...

Great Job. You are amazing.. hang in the life is rough and somtimes it gets smooth. Have a great night.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

WOOHOO GOOD FOR YOU!!!!

KP said...

Yeah for you, send some of that energy my way =)

The Tall and Short of it said...

I LOVE your list! I love your list even more because you got all of those things done!!! Great work!
Your new background is soooooo cute!

Kathy said...

Love the new FALL background. I love your list too. Easy way to feel good about all you have done! I love it. Thanks for the sweet compliments you always give!

Suzanne said...

Wow, that's a lot that you've completed! I wish I was organized enough that I could do that many things in order, but I get so distracted that I think it would be impossible. LOL!

I hope you got the nap! You certainly deserved it! :)

Suzanne said...

Oh and I love your new blog look! It's so pretty and Fall-ish!

Karla said...

Good for you! I think I should right down everything I do as I do it so I can feel more porductive. Like: picked up candy wrapper and put it in trash, picked up kids shoes and put them away, made bed, remade bed after kids jumped on it, etc. Maybe then I wouldn't feel like I have been just spinning my wheels all day!!!! I hope your afternoon was productive also, or relaxing, whichever one you needed more.

zeebee said...

I forgot to tell you how cute your new blog template is! So I thought I would give a shout out for productive days along with it! Lovem