Friday, September 5, 2008

Nastalgia

I am a little sad this morning. I finally said good-bye to my dear friend...my fake solar nails. It has been six months and I have loved them so much. I feel so pretty with the french tip nails. I just love them. I am certain that they will be back, but, I am also certain what direction I am needing to go with my money right now...and it is not towards my nails. ---sigh--- I do not think having nails is wrong at all, but I have felt the little whisperings of what else I should do at this time in my life (more food storage? more fast offerings? A little more to share with those that are struggling financially?) and I can't deny it any longer.

So, good-bye for now dear nails. Hello ugly weak (since I had the others on so long) and stubby nails.

Qualification: I realized that this post looks like an economic change...so, for DH's sake, I have to qualify that this decision was not economic in the least....we are blessed that our business is doing better than ever. I just feel that, even so, I should be a better steward of my money. That's all.

12 comments:

Heather said...

Farewell nails... are you going to hold a memorial?

I know exactly what you mean, I'm in the same boat- but with hair not nails. No frills on this coif as of late.

Cheri said...

Yup- I think alot of us are tightening our belts!

Angela said...

Well now you can go into a do it yourself nails

Lisette said...

Sad but true!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

good for you :)

KP said...

Sometimes it is the little things that we are mindful of in the gospel, that brings us some of the most amazing blessings! I hope this is how it turns out for you!

Suzanne said...

I think it's little sacrifices like this that keep us humble and give us perspective. Especially since it was completely by choice. Hopefully your nails grow back quickly! :)

The Tall and Short of it said...

You are great! So selfless! What a good example you are! I love you!!

utmommy said...

Yeah, I did that too.

Kathy said...

Good for you. As for me I feel so weird with those things on, so I never do it. But mine would have to be hair, I think I get it done once a year:(

Kathy said...

What a great example you are.

Yvonne said...

It's so nice to see how grounded you are. I know I could think over my expenses better.