Thursday, November 3, 2011

Baking Day!

 So, last week (on Thursday), I was finally feeling better somewhat physically and emotionally and I chose to use some of that energy to make a pie.  I enjoy baking, but I don't do it often, usually when I "have" to.  When I asked CK what he wanted me to bake last week, I was given an extensive list of options.  I decided to make Thursday my baking day-then, I might be able to make it through the list!  Also, as I love traditions, I envisioned my children looking forward each week to "baking day" and wondering what mom was going to make.

So far so good.  C just got home from school-so excited to see what I made, loving the smell as he walked in and so happy when he saw the pans of cinnamon rolls.  :)  I am excited to take this time to do something for myself, for my family, and for others.  I am excited to be able to share our baking day treats with our neighbors, or those that are lonely, or those that I want to get to know, or with dear friends, "just because."  I am never sure how long traditions will last, but I am excited to have this one, at least for a while.



 Yum.....so blessed.  I am so blessed.


No comments: